You've heard it before. People have said to you, "Don't look back. Look forward." "Things in your rear view mirror are behind you. Leave them there." You've heard those phrases and more. You've said them. I know I have. And those are true statements. Today, I contend that the rear view mirrors of your life have something for you. But before we really begin, let me be clear about something. There are some things that happened to you that you do need to leave in the past and don't dwell on them. Cool? Cool. Here's what I'm saying today. Your rear views often teach you how not to rip you rear. It's one of the reasons you need to look but not live in your rear view mirror. Here are three more reasons.
1. It doesn't matter. It's in the past. Remember that? That's what Rafiki said to Simba. He was talking about the negative things that happened in Simba's life and those he'd done. I'll add to that and say that we should see our successes the same way. Celebrate them at the time they happen. Enjoy them. Revel in them even. If you get caught or stuck still living in them in the present, you are and/or will find yourself in big trouble.
2. Success is still available for you today. And tomorrow. And... I'll stop, because I know you hear and understand me. There are new successes waiting for you to create them. It's why you work as hard as you do. No, you're not working for the sole purpose of success. You work as hard as you do because it drives you. Again, not success. Your it. And I'll let you in on a lil' secret. Are you listening? Good. When you succeed, you succeed. When you fail, you succeed. You learn a lot from both, but even more from your failures. You're not a failure, but failure is an encouraging term when you see it the way I do. You FAIL-UR way to victory! It is within those so-called fail-urs that you find out much about and build your character and resolve.
3. Fond memories of the things and people that touched your life in great and major ways. Remember those things for encouragement. For growth. The things and people can't be separated. That is, there's usually someone or a group of folk who are there with you when those memories are being made. Those folk helped you. They loved you. They corrected and lovingly disciplined you. They cared for you. It's why you remember and hold so dear what they did for you. How they made you feel.
So look back once in a while. Because some of the objects that are closer than they appear just may be worth you taking a quick glance in your rear view mirror. But remember, you were made, designed, created, destined, and should be determined to move forward. So glance in your rear view mirror for some wisdom. To look for some encouragement from past wins. Look, but don't live there. You must spend the majority of your time looking through the windshield of your life and keep driving forward. Keep fighting. Keep on pushing. Keep moving forward. Your life depends on it.
Because you now understand the importance of looking forward, you're excited and eager as a beaver to learn more about how to do this. When you join me on my new webinar, Start A Fire! on Nov. 10, 2014, I'll teach you:
- How to start your fire
- Purpose is fuel
- The importance of quick hits
You’ll also receive:
- SPECIAL ACCESS to the EXCLUSIVE RECORDING!
- LIFE-ENRICHING, insider leadership tips!
- EXCLUSIVE PRICING for January 2015 training: Fit In ‘15!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!
SPACE IS LIMITED AND GOING FAST!
BECAUSE IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY OR TOO LATE TO START YOUR FIRE!
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE!
Webinar: Start A Fire!
Date(s): Nov 10, 17, 24, & Dec. 1
Time: 7.00 PM—8.30 PM EST